Zion Online
Zion's 125th Anniversary  1893-2018

125th Anniversary Calendar
see 125th Anniversary stuff from January thru June
Next Meeting of the
125th Anniversary Committee

Zion 125th Anniversary Committee - The current planning team is open to any and all who have ideas and a desire to roll up your sleeves and lend a hand. Join us at the next meeting on July 17 at 6 pm.

July 1st

Quasquicentennial Minute – Pastor Carl H. Olson arrived in 1948. He served until 1956. During his pastorate plans were drawn up for a new west entrance. This project was never completed, but a building fund was started. During Pastor Carl Olson’s time at Zion, Clyde N. Norrgard, son of Mr. & Mrs. Verner Norrgard, also accepted God’s call to become a pastor. He graduated from Bethany College, Lindsborg, Kansas, and attended Augustana Theological Seminary in Rock Island, Illinois. He was ordained on June 17, 1956. His first parish was in Vinton, Iowa.



July 8th

Pastor Carl Olson resigned in 1956. Zion was served by several interim pastors until Pastor Frank Lunn accepted the call in 1957. He served until 1966. During his pastorate, a parish education building was constructed and a new heating plant was installed at the cost of $76,000. When he left, only $8,000 remained unpaid on the building. Pastor Lunn was a good and faithful preacher and an excellent teacher of the Word. He was the first pastor to occupy an office in the new addition(Prior to this time, the off ice ha been in the parsonage.) Later he became pastor of Emanuel in Bock.


July 15th




Pastor Elroy Bloomquist was called and arrived at Zion on February 1, 1967. He served our parish until August 1985, a period of 18 years. This was the longest tenure of any pastor in the parish.

home page     125th Anniversary Calendar       Top of the page